This medium to full-blodied, supple, polished effort has solid mid-palate depth, ripe tannins, and a great finish. I’d happily drink bottles over the coming 10-15 years”
Antonio Galloni, Vinous
“Bold notes of black cherry, plum, chocolate and licorice come together in ample, forward Cabernet that is nicely done"
2018 The Black Aces
A dynamic Cabernet Sauvignon-dominant harmonious blend of each of our vineyard sources. The fruit comes exclusively from our top tier vineyard sites and most exceptional blocks in Beckstoffer Georges III in Rutherford, & Candlestick Ridge Vineyard Howell Mountain.
The Black Aces is ageable with structured tannin profiles, a great concentration of richness and power. It is a classic of its style. Aged in 65% new French Oak, this 100% Cabernet Sauvignon has initiated a restless urge to create great wines to rival the most exceptional wines of the world.
- Blend100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- WinemakerKeith Emerson
- RegionRutherford and Howell Mountain
- Sub-Region75% Beckstoffer George III Vineyard 25% Candlestick Ridge Vineyard
- AppellationNapa Valley
- VineyardBeckstoffer Georges III Vineyard and Candlestick Ridge Vineyards
- OakFrench Oak
- Aging/Cooperage20 months in 65% new French Oak
- Harvest Date9/27/2018 & 10/22/2018